IT’S been a long time since Australian music royalty rocked the stage at the Seven Creeks Run, but it once pumped to the sounds of John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Kylie Minogue and The Angels.
When current owners Geoff and Bev Brooks bought the venue nearly 15 years ago via a mortgagee auction, it was in a sad state of disrepair.
The former concert venue comprised of 1500 square metre woolshed (including a large stage, auditorium, toilets, food serveries and bar facilities) and a 4000-seat amphitheatre.
A 160 year-old 35-stand wool shed from Wunnamurra Station, Jerilderie, formed a major section of the building.
Opened in 1982 by then Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser, the original vision was to create a development with tourism industry potential, drawing particular links to the district’s strong history with wool.
During the 1980s, the Seven Creeks Run hosted 18 concerts over a two-year period with other performers including Daryl Braithwaite, Marcia Hines, James Reyne, The Black Sorrows, The Divinyls and John Williamson.